Glycidyl Methacrylate (GMA) technical datasheet
Glycidyl Methacrylate (GMA)
GMA provides dual reactive functionality (Epoxy and Methacrylate). This results in an endless diversity of polymer structures possible. The Acrylic and Epoxy chemistry delivers tailor made physical properties.
Blue Bear Chemicals has an exclusive agreement with Ceimici Novel for the Sales and Marketing of their GMA.
Blue Bear Chemicals GMA is produced for 60% from green resources. This results in the complete absence of Hydrolysable Chlorine /Epichlorohydrin. In corrosion sensitive applications this is a huge advantage compared to currently available GMA
Versatility of the molecule: The molecule contains both an acrylic as well as an epoxy group. This gives you as product designer full freedom to get your desired and demanding coating and resin application.
- Enables crosslinking reactions with amines, carboxylic acids, anhydrides and hydroxyl-containing polymers
- Proper accelerator / catalyst choice allows use of a wide range of cure temperatures and schedules,
- Backbone modification possible resulting in differentiated properties and thus higher performance.
- Copolymerization functionality with other VM in non- and aqueous solutions,
- Creation of polymers with epoxy- and acrylic backbones,
- Wide comonomer selection provides easy control of physical and chemical properties as Tg and viscosity.
The dual functionality gives the following overview of applications (not limiting):
- Automotive Coatings
- Powder Coatings
- Radiation curing Coatings
- Waterborne Coating resins
- Industrial and Protective finishes
- Appliance & Hardware finishes
- Electrical Laminates
- Plastic modifiers (Rubber/PVC / PET / Engineering thermoplastics
Free radical polymerization / Cationic polymerization / Esterification / UV-curing / Graft polymerization
Please check the technical data sheets below or in our download section.
Note: information gathered to obtain the download can be used for future contact
Samples and prices are available upon request.